pregnancy | | Tone of the uterus during pregnancy: alarms - Treatment of high tone of the uterus
Tone of the uterus during pregnancy: alarms
Tone of the uterus during pregnancy is important. On the condition of the uterus depends on the further course of pregnancy. Tone may be elevated, normal or low. Most often when people talk about the tone of the uterus, they mean it increase or hypertonicity. This is an unfavorable sign can lead to spontaneous abortion in early pregnancy or premature delivery in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Increased uterine tone (hypertonicity) - this is an involuntary contraction of the uterus, which can occur at different stages of pregnancy. By itself, hypertonicity is not a diagnosis but merely a symptom of threatened abortion.
Reasons for the increased tone of the uterus
Uterus - is a muscular organ, and his premature contractions may cause a variety of factors:
- hormonal disorders of the reproductive system (hyperandrogenism, lack of progesterone - the hormone of pregnancy);
- genital infantilism (underdevelopment of female genital mutilation);
- infectious and viral diseases;
- inflammatory diseases of the uterus and appendages (endometritis, salpingo);
- anomalies and malformations of the uterus;
- structural changes in the uterine wall (tumor, endometriosis);
- overdistension of the uterus (polyhydramnios, large fetus, multiple pregnancy);
- heavy physical work;
- harmful working conditions, contact with toxic products (kerosene, gasoline, acetone);
- smoking and alcohol;
- somatic diseases (heart disease, kidney disease, liver and others);
- numerous abortions ;
- age women (below 18 and above 30 years);
- nervous exhaustion, stress.
The clinical picture of uterine hypertonicity
At an elevated tone of the uterus arise pulling pain in the abdomen, the waist, in later stages of the uterus begins to contract, that is, appear premature contractions. Often pregnant women indicate that the stomach became stone, and very painful.Appear bloody separation from the genital tract shortens and softens the cervix. Fetal movements become rare and painful. As a result, tension in the muscles of the uterus breaks down blood flow to the placenta to the fetus not getting enough nutrients and oxygen, which leads to placental insufficiency, hypoxia and intrauterine growth retardation. Hypertonicity of the uterus can lead to spontaneous abortion, premature birth or in early stages of missed abortion. Early opening of the cervix leads to the isthmic-cervical insufficiency. Involuntary contractions of the uterus can lead to premature placental abruption and bleeding.
Often, increased tone of the uterus diagnosed by ultrasound when there are no specific complaints. Ultrasound signs of hypertonicity of the uterus - a thickening of the uterine wall and increasing its tone.